The AMP1-S8MDA monitor is an exceptionally high-quality audio monitor systems offering premium quality 8-channel analog, AES/EBU, 3G/HD/SD-SDI multi-channel audio monitoring and conversion as well as professional level metering. These units contain 3 audiophile-quality drivers and three power amplifiers; 3 speakers and amplifiers reproduce midrange and high frequency information in stereo, while the third amp/driver combination handles summed LF information below the 500 Hz crossover point.
These units feature eight 26-segment high-resolution, tri-color LED level meters showing simultaneous VU and PPM for superior level-metering. The front panel features an innovative LCD display of phase/polarity relationships. Output limiter circuits are incorporated to protect the speakers, and extensive magnetic shielding allows placement immediately adjacent to video monitors with no color impurities.
The unique design provides optimally focused sound for operators in an ultra near-field (1 to 3 ft.) working environment and offers performance comparable to that of many separate monitor pairs, without the installation hassles, awkward speaker placements and “added-on” look. This provides for a higher SPL for the operator while reducing overall ambient sound and adjacent bay crosstalk. Extended HF response reveals potential problems with audio whine or hiss and electronic rather than acoustic cancellation of bass frequencies provides positive audible detection of out-of-phase (reversed polarity) audio feeds. A headphone jack is provided on the front panel that automatically mutes the speakers.
These units are ideally suited for use in space-critical environments such as TV facilities, studios, VTR bays, mobile production vehicles, satellite links and indeed, any rack mount environment where multi-channel audio monitoring is required.
- Front panel summing of any combination of up to 8 channels to the left and/or right speakers and selected
- Eight 26-segment tri-color LED bar graphs displaying simultaneous VU and PPM
- Headphone jack (mutes speakers)
- Premium quality drivers and power amplifiers
- Audible indications of phase/polarity problems
- Phase-correlation display of selected channels
- Output limiter protected speakers
- Thorough magnetic shielding prevents interference from nearby equipment.
- Electronic cancellation provides detection of out-of-phase (reversed polarity) audio feeds.
- Excellent frequency response and low distortion
- Focused sound, reduces adjacent bay crosstalk
- Ultra near-field offers exceptional monitoring performance.
- Small rack space requirements make them perfectly suited for use in space-critical environments